What is Mppt( Maximum power point tracking)?
“We use MPPT algorithm to get the maximum available power from the Photovoltaic module under certain conditions”
How MPPT works? Why 150W solar panel does not equal to 150 w?
For example, you bought a new solar panel from the market which can deliver 7 amps current at a maximum sunshine, under charge the setting of a battery is configured to 12 volts: 7 amps times 12 volts = 84w (P=V*I) You lost over 66 watts – but you paid for 150 watts. That 66 watt is not going anywhere, but it,s due to the poor match of the solar output current and battery voltage.
After using MPPT algorithm we can get the Maximum available power from solar panels under any condition.
Battery gets is now 12 amps at 12 volts
Output power is equal to p= V*I p=12*12=144w
Now you still have almost 144 watts, and everyone is happy.
Specification of the project
1.This project is Based on MPPT(Maximum power point tracker) algorithm
2. LED indication to show the low mid and high level of charge state
3. PIC16F88 with 3-Level Charging supports 12V battery charging as well as 24V battery charging up to 250AH
4. Lightning /Overvoltage Protection
5. Protection For Reverse power flow
6. Overload & Short Circuit Protection
7. A thermistor for the monitoring of the battery temperature
8. Use PWM tracker stage and buck-boost converter stage to extract maximum available power
9.Charge your Cellphone, Tablets any gadgets through USB port ( you can add this option)
10. You can verify this schematic easily by making a simulation in Proteus or multi-sim to check accurate voltages in testing point(Tp).